Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity
We are pleased to now be offering Tagsmart Certificates of Authenticity for selected limited editions and original artworks available from our website. The Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity is an optional extra.
The Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity will appear in your basket if it is available for the work you are purchasing, simply click the add to basket button to add a certificate to your order.
Designed to assure the genuineness of artworks, warrant the accuracy of ownership status, and protect buyers and sellers against fakes and forgeries, the Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity offers the art market a better, simpler way of doing what it already does.
When you purchase a Tagsmart certificate of authenticity it will be sent out to you separately from your order by Tagsmart, but should arrive around the same time. Please note, you may receive emails from Tagsmart directly to enroll for a digital version of your certificate. This is an optional process.
1. To view your Digital Certificate of Authenticity, visit certify.tagsmart.com and enter in the search box the artwork ID identified in the top left of the Certificate. Alternatively, you can scan the barcode with your smartphone using a barcode reader app.
2. The security cut pattern is, together with the Despatch Stamp (centre right) and other covert features, part of a web of security measures woven throughout the Certificate and the Tagsmart service to help guard against forgery and fraud.
3. Information about the artwork, as supplied by the original creator of the Tagsmart artwork record.
4. Information about the parties to whom and by whom this Certificate has been issued.
5. Each Tagsmart Certificate of Authenticity is uniquely signed either by artrepublic as the retailer or the artists who created the work if they have registered with Tagsmart.
6. Holographic-bordered tap which, when peeled off reveals a unique 6-digit code. You will need this code when using the Tagsmart service to show that the ownership of the artwork has been passed to someone else.
The Tagsmart Certificates of Authenticity are printed on high quality, 270gsm archival paper and shipped directly to you the buyer from Tagsmart.