Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is artrepublic.com?
A place to buy online from a huge choice of the finest cutting-edge limited edition prints and thousands of high quality museum art prints. We are also a unique resource for art lovers including hundreds of artist biographies and definitions of art terms plus exhibition listings at over 1,000 galleries worldwide.
2. How do I find the product I'm looking for?
The best place to start is our powerful search facility, you’ll find this at the top right of every page on our site. If you feel like browsing for a little inspiration, then our Artist or Prints sections are the best places to go to sample our wide selection.
3. Can you help me locate a product even if it isn't on your site?
If you are looking for something in particular that is not on our site please email us at email@example.com for rare items and let us know. We will try to locate it and add it to our site.
4. How do I order items from artrepublic.com?
Once you have selected any item to purchase simply click the 'Add to basket' button below the item. When you click ‘Add to Basket’, you can then either continue shopping (in which case your basket will stay with you) or choose to checkout.
5. Does artrepublic.com offer a framing service?
Yes, UK customers can purchase a variety of framing options with many of the prints on our website. If your chosen print has a framing option, you’ll see the choices available next to the product. Please see our Framing section for more details. It isn’t currently possible for us to despatch frames or framed items outside the UK.
6. I want to arrange framing myself, how accurate are your sizes?
Although we try to make the picture sizes on our website as accurate as possible, we always recommend waiting until you receive your print before arranging any framing. Please do not give the sizes on our website to your framer, instead arrange for them to measure the print when it arrives.
7. What forms of payment are available?
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express (currently by telephone only, please call us on 01273 766360, Maestro (formerly Switch), Solo, Paypal, cheques (£ Sterling only) and International Money Orders (also in £ Sterling only). You can also spread the cost of purchasing selected art prints over 10 months by applying for an Own Art loan.
8. How safe is it to use my credit card?
Your security is our top priority. The personal information you enter into our checkout is protected using state of the art Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software, this ensures that any information you submit will be encrypted and is kept secure. Your payment card information is handled using the utmost security by our online payment provider Paypal (one of the largest online payment providers in the world). Once you have completed your transaction, artrepublic.com does not hold any of your card information. Paypal will also not use any of the information you have supplied for any purpose other than to complete your card transaction.
9. Do I need a Paypal account to use artrepublic.com?
No, we accept most payment cards and when using any of these you do not need to set up a Paypal account. If you do have a Paypal account you can of course choose to use this to pay for your items.
10. What does artrepublic.com do with my personal information?
artrepublic.com has a strict policy of not releasing any personal information to outside companies. The only exception is Paypal, our online payment provider, and in this instance the information you provide is used solely to process your order payment. Customer information is used to improve the user experience on our website and to keep customers informed about artrepublic and the art world.
11. I see that some prints are available with 10 month installments with the Own Art scheme, could I have more details?
artrepublic is a member of the Own Art scheme operated by the Arts Council. It's a fantastic way for UK customers (over 18 years of age) to spread the cost of selected art prints over 10 months INTEREST FREE.
12. Can I send items paid for with Own Art to an alternative shipping address?
Although we are happy to deliver prints paid by card, Paypal or Google Checkout to an alternative delivery address, it is not possible to do this if your order is partially or completely paid for using an Own Art loan. It is a requirement of the loan that your order be delivered to the address entered into your loan agreement.
13. Is delivery really free for everything at artrepublic.com?
Yes. Every item that is ordered through our online checkout has free delivery worldwide. We only have a couple of other occasions where you might experience a delivery charge:
- If the price you have paid is changed for any reason after your online order is complete.
- If you purchase a 'collection only' framed print or contact us to add a hand-made frame to any print on our site (in which case we can arrange a personal delivery from our Brighton gallery, for a small additional fee).
These are the average shipping times once an item has been despatched:
- Most items are despatched within 3-4 days (except custom framed items which usually take 14 days). If for any reason there is a delay with the despatch of your item, you will be contacted within 3 days of your order being placed.
- UK Royal Mail or courier around 1-2 days
- EU Air Mail approximately 5-10 days
- Worldwide Air Mail approximately 10-14 days.
14. What is artrepublic.com's returns policy?
In accordance with the European Distance Selling Directive, items purchased from artrepublic.com, by customers within the European Union, can be returned within 14 days of receipt of the goods. You will be required to pay return postage and goods must be received in 100% re-saleable condition. Please note however: The European Distance Selling Directive excludes items that that are hand-made to order, such as our custom made frames, these therefore cannot be returned unless faulty. Please see our Delivery & Returns section for full details.
15. What happens if my item is damaged?
Customers must contact us within 3 working days of receipt of the damaged goods to be eligible for replacement or refund. We will then contact you with the full details about the refund or replacement procedure.
16. What is artzine?
artzine is our very own information resource for art lovers. It’s well worth clicking the artzine link at the top of our site, whenever you come to visit us. Here you’ll find fascinating articles and features about what's going on in the art world. There's also hundreds of artist biographies and definitions of art terms in plain English.
Our artzine also includes a comprehensive directory containing over 1,000 of the world’s most popular galleries with up-to-the-minute reviews of the latest exhibitions.
If you didn't find the answer to your question on this page, please contact our help desk and we will respond to you personally.